Thursday, August 25, 2011

The To-Do list!

As soon as my camera cord finds it's way out of hiding, I will share pictures of the new place. The unpacking is almost completely done, furniture is in place (although I have a feeling I'm going to be playing with layouts a bit), even pictures have been hung. As I said in my previous post, this place is feeling quite homey already but there's still quite a ways to go until I'll consider it a finished product. So here's my to-do list:

1. To start with I'll need one of these pretty pretty chalkboards to write my list on.
This one belongs to Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere, but I'm hoping to make one for myself in the near future.

2. Separate Rooms- even though this place is still technically a studio apartment, there's a bunch more space (way more than anything I've had since before college) and even separate living and bedrooms. The one problem being that there is an open archway between the two and not an actual door. I'd like to get a screen or even a patterned curtain to separate the rooms.

3. Window treatments- I always put off dressing my windows until eventually I just forget about it and live with plain old venetian blinds. This year, hopefully I find something that strikes my fancy enough to make me spring for something a little prettier. I tend to get overwhelmed when looking at window treatments, however, so I may just end up with floor length white Ikea panels.

4. A new coffee table. Enter Craigslist, the search will be on. I bought most of my current furniture off of a college housemate when she moved off to work for Google, and I moved into my first solo place. The table is from Ikea, and probably the smallest coffee table they have. It was great when I had one room to fit everything in, but looks a little awkward in the now larger living room.

5. Craigslist search numero deux- a new couch. The current loveseat is also a hand-me-down and it has definitely seen better days. I'm also considering a slipcover, but it seems likely that I'll find a decent couch on craigslist for less money than buying a slipcover that won't look sloppy.

6. Artwork! Artwork! Artwork! With more rooms comes more wall space. I need more things to hang on walls. Again, I've got some ideas but they're going to take some searching.

The good thing about starting this blog is that "researching" has led me to a dozen really, truly, amazing blogs that have some pretty great ideas for decorating/renovating/DIY projects on the cheap. I've never been very good at finding things at flea markets or antique shops, but I'm inspired to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment