Friday, August 26, 2011

Falling for Fall

I went on a window shopping spree last week and am a little embarrassed to admit how giddy all of the fall lines made me. Don't get me wrong I love eating on the patio, lazing on the beach, and sunset at 9:00pm, but when summer ends there's nothing (and I mean NOTHING) more exciting than sweaters, boots, scarves, and the day I can finally order a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Seriously, I drink at least 4-5 of these a week once they appear on coffee shop menus.

Last year, I tried my hand at baking these Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.

I made them intending to bring them to a party, but liked them so much that my boyfriend and I ate the whole batch ourselves (my friends got some homemade cookies, don't worry I didn't show up empty handed).

Needless to say, I'll be making those again. I'll also be making pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread, and anything else I can mix a can of pumpkin puree into. But until I get to indulge in my favorite flavor, I'll keep on enjoying the Mojitos and salads of summer.

Is there a particular season you love simply because you get to eat your favorite foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment