Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pretty for Pennies

If I owned this dress, I don't think I'd ever take it off.

I instantly fell in love with this Rachel Gilbert dress, but even if it wasn't sold out that $700 price tag would have made it impossible for me to afford.

This forever 21 dress has the same romantic, flowy style for much, much less.

The sparkle can be added with accessories, like this sequined belt and headband, which can be purchased from here and here.

I've seen quite a few fashion blogs that use high end pieces for inspiration, then try to imitate the look without creating sticker shock. I've come to realize this is an amazing idea because it allows you to start with pieces that you truly love regardless of budget. This is my first shot at using this idea, so what do you think? Did I get it, or did I miss my mark completely?




No comments:

Post a Comment