Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eggplanted.

My last trip to the St. Paul farmer's market was simply an excuse to get together with my aunt for a morning of catching up and enjoying the splendid Minnesota weather while it lasts. My purchases included another fresh bouquet (sadly, this one didn't last more than a couple of days and a lone perky sunflower is all that is left on my windowsill) a baguette, and some sweet corn. My crown jewel purchase, however, was an eggplant. Mind you I had absolutely no idea what to do with an eggplant, but the perfectly shaped, perfectly purple little vegetable wouldn't let me walk away without it.
I spent some time sorting through all of the grilled eggplant, roasted eggplant, eggplant parmigiana recipes until I found this little gem: Stuffed Eggplant with Shrimp and Basil. Seeing as I have a basil plant threatening to outgrow it's second pot, this was absolutely perfect. It was flavorful and simple to prepare. Even though I have to admit that I will definitely cut the amount of breadcrumbs next time, there will be a next time for this dish.

And now, some more eggplant flavored treats currently asking me to bring them home.
I'm convinced I would be uber productive if this were my work space.

seen over here

Also from Apartment Therapy, this chair is beggggging for a corner of my new living room.

I would LOVE these little jars to sit atop my imaginary mantle

seen here

Well, that has satisfied my craving for the time being.
Happy Thursday loves!








No comments:

Post a Comment