Saturday, November 19, 2011

Close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow.

Lorelai: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow. 
Rory: Ah, it's that time of year. 
Lorelai: Can't you smell it? 
Rory: You know, it's like dogs and high-pitched noises. I think it's something only you can smell. 
(From Gilmore Girls episode "Love and War and Snow")



Snow guys! Snow! The first real snow is a worthy holiday in my book. I love snow. I love how it makes the world look like a Christmas card. I love how it gets me into the holiday spirit (not that I need much assistance in that area). I love how it makes the trees and the road sparkle and how pretty holiday lights look under a nice healthy blanket of snow.

I celebrated the first snowfall with my aunt creating a holiday surprise for my grandparents' Christmas decorations, sipping coffee and chatting away while the snow steadily fell outside. It was lovely. The ride home took about three times as long as normal due to the roads being pretty slick but I didn't mind one bit. Driving through big fluffy snow flakes and listening to carols is one of my favorite past times.

After a nice hearty dinner ("meatloaf muffins, baked potato and corn), I've settled in with Elf and a giant mug of mint hot chocolate. Do you love the first snow, or does it just stress you out?



No comments:

Post a Comment