Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We've got some catching up to do!

Where to start?! Lack of an internet connection, combined with some recent life events have taken me away from the blogosphere for a bit, but now I'm back!

One of my favorite quotes from The Happiness Project (which I've said before is part of my inspiration for starting a blog) is, "It's easy to be heavy, hard to be light." It seems that a lot of people I know have been dealing with some unfortunate luck and some heavy feelings. I've found that I've been struggling to keep some lightness myself as a result.

I love this quote because it reminds me that perspective is key when facing difficult things. It's easy to take events at face value and be discouraged by adversity, or you can put in a little effort and find the silver lining. Not to be cliche, but if you do the work you can usually find the place for a new start and a little transformation when faced with less than ideal circumstances. I'm incredibly lucky to be surrounded by people who often do the work and as a result, gloomy clouds never last for long.

I also happen to be surrounded by people who throw awesome weddings, bring me to the Renaissance Fair, and go apple picking. Which are the things that have kept me busy recently. I'll have more to share shortly :)

I hope you've all had a lovely start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment