Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Apple of my eye

Monday, I did one of my favorite things...apple picking! The bf and I had been meaning to do pick-your-own fruit all summer. Sadly, we missed out on strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. I refused to miss out on the crisp apples that come with the start of fall. So, Monday afternoon we headed out to Stillwater to Aamodt's Apple Farm, to do some harvesting.

 I'm pretty sure this is the most famous orchard around the Twin Cities, and for good reason. In addition to a great apple orchard, they also have a pretty large vineyard (which produces wonderful wines you can sample for $5)
and an amazing, I repeat amazing bake shop. I would drive the 40 minutes solely for the purpose of purchasing a package of their Apple Cider Donuts (which I would have gotten a picture of, but they didn't last long). Lucky for me, I also got Cinnamon Candy Apple butter, and a bunch of Sweet 16 apples. If you haven't had a Sweet 16 apple, I suggest you go find the nearest orchard that grows them, and get yourself a bucket. They're delicious.  I was a little wary at first, because of their small size, but as soon as I took a bite I realized the error of my ways and devoured the rest... and maybe another one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment