Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Disclaimer: I may be shunned for this post ;)

I (like a lot of people I know) have a laundry list of guilty pleasures. Most of my list isn't really truly guilty, i.e. I actually acknowledge that I enjoy most of them. This list may or may not include Katy Perry, CW TV shows (how many Gossip Girl reruns have I watched?), and eating half of the brownie batter before the pan makes it into the oven.

One thing that has long been hidden on my actually guilty guilty pleasures list is my love for Lauren Conrad. I have had a soft spot for L.C. since my high school days when a healthy number of Friday nights were spent with two of my best friends painting our nails and watching Laguna Beach. When I moved to college, of course, I was too cool to watch the spin-off show so I didn't really follow her career very closely (other than eyeing up most of the pieces for her Kohl's line). Then one night, after seeing the newly mature and pulled together Lauren Conrad on covers of various magazines (combined with a bit of boredom and not much else to do) I watched an episode of The Hills, and put it on my guilty pleasures list.

So, The Hills rightfully belongs on the guilty pleasures list, but Lauren Conrad? I think not. Her look is somehow modern, classic, and chic all at once. Plus her website is a haven for everything style (seriously: beauty, clothes, design, parties, the list goes on), and includes plenty of tutorials. Plus her most recent "Decorate" post is about chalkboard paint, a current obsession of mine. So, rethink what you knew and check it out, you might find a little inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I’m proud to say that I’ve never seen a single episode of Laguna Beach or The Hills, but I too have loved Lauren Conrad. Helloooo, Paper Crown.

    ReplyDelete