Saturday, December 10, 2011

Blogger's Block

I've hit a little wall on what to write about. I think that this is because my free time has mostly consisted of Christmas shopping. Both in real life, and on the internets. I have a love/hate relationship with gift giving. I LOVE it when I find the absolute perrrrrrrrfect gift for someone. So much so, that it's really difficult to wait until Christmas and more than once I've ended up letting people unwrap their gifts a few days before December 25th. However, that perfect gift is so rare that most holiday gift shopping causes me lots of anxiety.
I always have an idea in my head of what I'd like to get everyone on my list, but for some reason stores just don't carry exactly what's in my head. If some small detail is off, I scrap the idea and usually end up looking for something different. I then realize how silly I'm being but by that time the item I want is usually sold out in the size/style/color I was looking for and then I'm back to square one. I've been shopping for weeks and only have 2 people on my list completed. This is the reason I'm always scrambling with the last minute shoppers. I suppose it's a good thing I don't have an aversion to shopping or going to the mall, as I've been spending quite a bit of time there lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment