Sunday, December 18, 2011

Start the week right.

It's not quite time for New Year's resolutions, but I saw this quote while blog-hopping (is that a term?) and it struck a cord.


Expect the people you love to be better. It helps them to become better. But don't get upset when they fail. It helps them keep trying.--Anonymous

We're all thinking about how to show our loved ones we really care around this time of year, but the very best gift of all is support and compassion. Don't forget though, to be kind to yourself as well when you're not quite as good as you want to be. Half the fun in life is the mistakes we make. 

In a completely unrelated note: This is my breakfast today. Pumpkin blueberry cobbler. Oh my, my favorite things! Unfortunately, I don't own ramekins so I used a muffin pan instead. Mine aren't quite as pretty as the ones in the recipe photo, but they sure are tasty! 


1 comment: