Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Whirlwind

Seriously, where does the weekend go? I even got a three day weekend and I still have no idea how it slipped by so quickly. It seems time really does fly when you're having fun, because I sure made the most of the past three days. Here's a list of things I did, because I love lists.

- Saw Moneyball. This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Brad Pitt really is an incredible actor (also, he seems to get more and more attractive with age...). I'm a sucker for a heart-felt dramedy, and this definitely falls into that category.

- Toured Target Field with my family. I love going to Target Field to see the Twins play, but this was a whole different ballgame (it's okay you can groan). We got to see everything in the stadium from the visitor's clubhouse (the Twins don't let you tour theirs, rats), to the pressbox, to the dining room that serves only those who hole $250 tickets. We even got to go into the dugout!

- FINALLY did laundry and unpacked all of my clothes! For the past month I've sort of been unpacking stuff I want to wear, wearing it, then washing it and putting it away. This resulted in a lot of hunting for the item I planned on wearing that day, which then resulted in a clothes bomb exploding all over my closet floor. The bomb has been diffused, and my clothes are now neat and tidy. My closet is by no means organized even close to the way I want it to stay, but at least I can find an outfit now! 

-Baked banana muffins. Not an incredibly difficult task, but a yummy one! My mom always used to bake banana bread and muffins for me to take to school for breakfast on days where I'd go in early for one reason or another (usually because I didn't want to have to park a mile away), so baking and eating them always makes me a little nostalgic. 

- Headed back to Aamodt's! A friend I hadn't seen in a while organized a group trip to the orchard for a round of pick our own apples. Sadly, all of the pick your own apples had been picked. Instead of heading out and letting our festive plaid go to waste, we hung out and made the most of the rest of the activities at the orchard. I bought some more of their amazing apple cider donuts (which I mentioned here), did a wine tasting, fed some goats, took a hayride, and enjoyed the absolutely gorgeous day. 

-Watched the crazy people participate in the Twin Cities Marathon. And I mean crazy in the best way possible. I still can't run a whole mile, these people run 26! 

All in all, I had a pretty great weekend soaking up the remaining beautiful weather before mother nature runs her course and sunny and 70 degrees turns into overcast and 20 degrees. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. 

1 comment: