Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cozy up





After a few weeks of indian summer, I'm more than happy the weather has changed. The air is crisp, cool, and carries the slight scent of leaves and rain. There's something about the smell of autumn air that makes me want to curl up under a cozy blanket with a mug of something warm and watch a movie while something delicious bakes in the oven. So tonight, I did just that. 



After roasting some pumpkin seeds to bring home to my daddy, I decided to make homemade granola for the first time. As with the quiche incident, I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not making this sooner. It's probably the simplest recipe ever, and turns out such fantastic results. I made this version from Tiny Urban Kitchen with the optional vanilla and brown sugar. I also added a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for a little something extra. I will never buy granola from the store again.



If you decide to make this, I highly suggest eating a bit of it right after it comes out of the oven. The warm honey makes it slightly chewy which is absolutely delectable mixed with the crisp oats. 

Now I'm off to curl up with some cider, a movie and a bowl of pumpkin pie yogurt topped with some crunchy goodness. 


{don't you just adore the face on my ghost mug?}

Happy Weekend, and Happy Halloween!







2 comments: